http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/facelift/HeartFluttersBanner3copy.jpg

Ellie and GB

Ellie and GB
Ellie and her girl.

GB

GB
Ellie's Girl

Ellie

Ellie
Ellie at home with Gadget

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Our First Full Day

GB remained wound last night and it was almost eleven before she finally slept. She woke up this morning and she was still wound. It took forever to get through our morning routine and get to breakfast. We made it to Becca's by ten.

We started off by getting reacquainted with Ellie and running through our basic commands. Becca put her "working gear" on Ellie and we went off to learn "public manners".
Ready to go out

We started at Pet Smart, where GB practiced heel by walking Ellie all over the store. We filled up a shopping cart with necessary dog stuff and bought Ellie a brand new name tag. We went to Atlantic Bread (think Panera's) for lunch. GB required the usual (high) level of supervision and I found it difficult to maintain GB and cue Ellie at the same time. When we were done with lunch, we went to Walmart for necessities (Pepsi). I got better at cuing Ellie and GB enjoyed being Ellie's girl.

We went back to Becca's and GB put Ellie through her paces again. GB successfully handled come, sit, down, and stay and Becca said she could bring Ellie back to the hotel. It took 4 trips to get all the dog stuff, Ellie and GB into our room.
We do a short training session every hour or so. The rest of the time they played ball until GB got too hyper and I switched them to TV and cuddling.

GB helped me put the crate we borrowed together and had Ellie sit until she put her food down and said OK. 

I am exhausted and they are still going strong. I can't wait until 8 o'clock- bedtime!

9:45 pm
Ellie and GB are both asleep and the silence is deafening.  I am enjoying the peacefulness- I

wish this room had a hot tub. I'm going to get ready for bed.  I am sure morning will come early tomorrow and I want to be ready for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment