http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/facelift/HeartFluttersBanner3copy.jpg

Ellie and GB

Ellie and GB
Ellie and her girl.

GB

GB
Ellie's Girl

Ellie

Ellie
Ellie at home with Gadget

Friday, January 29, 2010

CSE- Short and Sweet

We brought Ellie to the CSE. She was very well behaved and very well received. As usual, the classroom teacher was useless. Everything I was concerned about was something she as seen in lots of kids over the last 25 years. She said, in general her class was not treating each other well. Didn't seem like she felt responsible for trying to change the atmosphere of her classroom. Surprisingly, the social worker was much more cooperative and is going to start working with GB and some of her classmates in small groups. Everybody (except for the classroom teacher) was interested in the FASD material I emailed before the meeting and David Boulding's lawyer brief on FASD I brought to the meeting. The OT and speech are going to try to teach GB coping strategies. I am going to spend time sitting in the 2nd grade inclusion class before the next meeting. Then I will decide if we need to go back to a 1-1 aide. GB came into school Wednesday and told all her classmates that she was being adopted. I think that is a good sign.

Ellie and I went home and Ellie ran after squirrels for 5 minutes. I had thought Ellie and I would work on boundaries, but it was 16 degrees out, so Ellie wanted to go back  in. We worked on extending our stay(we are at 4 minutes now), so that I would have an excuse to give Ellie some treats.
Friendly's tonight and then a nice warm  bed. I don't like the cold anymore than Ellie does.

No comments:

Post a Comment