http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/facelift/HeartFluttersBanner3copy.jpg

Ellie and GB

Ellie and GB
Ellie and her girl.

GB

GB
Ellie's Girl

Ellie

Ellie
Ellie at home with Gadget

Friday, February 5, 2010

I Get Frustrated, Too

GB used to eat lunch in her classroom with her 1 on1 aide. She has been back in the cafeteria for lunch since Monday. She has had a problem in the cafeteria everyday. She has been bouncing every night this week. Sounds to me like the cafeteria is more than she is ready to handle at this point. OT, speech, the social worker, and special ed teacher see GB's difficulties. However, the classroom teacher disagrees. She said GB is like every other first grader and that if we would just treat her as if she was normal, she would rise to the occasion. She doesn't believe in sensory problems, bipolar, and says GB is definitely not FASD because she is way too bright. I listened to the teacher talking and I am thinking"Whose kid is she teaching?". It can't be mine. I put a call in to the special ed office, but it is Friday afternoon, and they are all gone. Just as well- it gives me the weekend to get my thoughts straight and get some emotional  distance. It is frustrating. The year is half over and she still thinks my kid is typical.

No comments:

Post a Comment